48% Of Tablet Users Are Transferring Sensitive Data Compared With 30% Of Smartphone Users, According To New Survey From FuzeBox
48% of internet American adults who are the owners of and use a tablet Personal computer have transferred sensitive data over these devices matched against thirty percent of smartphone users who've done so on their smartphone. Age and sex also skew widely on delicate data transfer over portable gizmos according to a new internet survey conducted Jan 27-31, 2011 among 2,364 U.S. Online adults aged 18 by Harris Interactive and sponsored by FuzeBox. This new research demonstrates patrons are using capsules in similar capacities to PC PCs, with men and younger audiences finding mobile security more reliable. Delicate info . Of internet adults who are the owners of and utilise a tablet : . O 42% transfer sensitive info for private use . O twenty percent transfer sensitive information for business / professional use . Of web adults who are the owners of and use a smartphone :
- 30% transfer sensitive data
O 26% transfer sensitive data for private use . O 14% transfer sensitive info for business / professional use. Subgroup Differences . Based primarily on the outcome of the survey it seems that men are sometimes more certain to own / use these devices, and to employ them to transfer delicate data.
- Men are much more likely than ladies to point out they are at least assured in the security of the information that's being transferred over their smartphone or tablet PC (47% versus. 34% respectively).
- Younger adults aged 18-34 (52%) are much more likely than adults aged 35-44 (41%), 45-54 (28%) and fifty five (33%) to be at least assured in the safety of the info that is being transferred over their smartphone or tablet P.C.
Of those individuals who own and utilise a smartphone :
- Adults ages 18-34 (37%), 35-44 (33%) and 45-54 (21%) are more likely than those aged 55 (9%) to use it to transfer sensitive info.
Of those who own and utilise a tablet PC :
- Adults ages 18-34 (61%) and 35-44 (56%) are more likely than those ages 45-54 (33%) and 55 (twenty p.c.
Of those people who own and utilise a smartphone and / or tablet PC :
- Those that use it for business / professional use are more likely to be at least confident in the safety of the data that's being transferred over their smartphone or tablet P.C than those that use it for private use (52% vs.
Confidence in mobile security . Of adults who own and utilise a tablet or smartphone :
- 18% are very / extremely confident in the safety of the information that is being transferred over their device (s).
- 15% are not at all confident in the security of the data that is being transferred over their device (s).
“We have effectively entered the post P.C era. As the utilization of Tablets increase around the globe, mobile security will change into a vitally important factor in the delivery of services to these platforms, particularly as users more eagerly trust these devices for delicate and non-public information,” claims Jeff Cavins, CEO of FuzeBox.” . This survey was conducted online inside the US by Harris Interactive on behalf of FuzeBox, from Jan twenty-seven to 31, 2011 among 2,364 adults ages eighteen and older.
This online survey is not based mostly on a chance sample and therefore no estimate of unproven sampling mistake can be figured out. For complete survey methodology, including weighting variables, please contact kayvan (at) vscconsulting (dot) com . About Harris . Harris Interactive is among the world’s leading custom market analysis firms, leveraging research, technology, and business acumen to transform relevant insight into actionable foresight. Known widely for the Harris Poll and for pioneering inventive research methodologies, Harris offers experience in a good range of industries including healthcare, technology, public affairs, energy, telecomms, monetary services, insurance, media, retail, restaurant, and consumer package products. Serving clients in over 215 countries and territories through our North American, European, and Asian offices and a structure of independent consumer preference analysis firms, Harris Interactive focuses on delivering research solutions that help us – and our clients – stay before what's next. For more information, come visit harrisinteractive media release About FuzeBox . FuzeBox is a leading platform provider of real time visual collusion applications for millions of end users across assorted companies.
Its applications – Fuze Meeting, Fuze Messenger, Fuze Movie and Tweetshare – permit folk to communicate, cooperate and share content from any device, anywhere in the world. Fuze Meeting is a mobile and internet-based partnership service that features integrated audio conferencing as well as high-definition, synchronized video and image sharing. The firm's technology relies on a real time visible communications platform that converges telephony, high-definition, synchronized video and image sharing across the firm, the web and mobile networks.
FuzeBox, and its subsidiary Callwave have been awarded and holds twenty-two patents, with over 44 more outstanding in the fields of telephony, web and visual media technologies to transform how pros and people communicate. For more information, please come to the site.